Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help with Wildfire 2.0 installation

ankur_fox

After I installed pro/ENGINEER wildfire 2.0 on my PC and tried running it for the first time, the following error message was generated:

"pro/engineer configuration file open error"

Unable to launch pro/ENGINEER because no valid configuration (*.psf) files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from your installation "bin" directory & create a PTC startup file. This is needed for pro/ENGINEER to lanch successfully

Please help. I cannot sort out this problem.

Don't post the same question two times.

Uninstall Pro/Engineer and reinstall it. Depends which maintenance release you are installing and which operating system you are having.

May be you are having license error or lan card error.

Israr
Edited by: Israr

I am using winXP Pro. I reinstalled it. now i got this.....
<DIV>license request failed for feature PROE_200:51:
Fatal licensing error: No valid license servers available</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Does this mean I now have to buy a new license??</DIV>

If you have bought this license it must work.

May be te license is nodelocked one and you have selected server license while installing the license.

If you need further help send me your licnse file and I will tell you what is the problem.

Educational licenses don't work with commercial software and the converse is true as well.

My email address is: [email protected]

Israr

Now there's a new problem. I sorted out the license matter. I have various prt files which were created using an educational version of pro/ENGINEER. However, i cannot open these using the version installed on my machine. The message i get is:

The file was created with an educational version of pro/ENGINEER & is not compatible with the version of pro/ENGINEER you are running.

Is this problem typical??

Transfer files via some form of data transalation format either step or igs formats are most common, however you will need access to the the machine with the student version which they where created on to make the new files, you will lose all mapped features doing this however you will have the model

cheers

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back