Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cutting depth on a trajectory

azskymaster

I ocassionaly need to cut on a trajectory path and am having no problems getting it set up but when I run the view it only cuts on the sketching plane. I normally cut .001 per layer and end up cutting .010 deep (10 circuits) How do you drive the cutter into the part while controling the depth of cut?

I usually end up either incrementing the z down .001 at a time and re-running the program or editing the program with a cut and paste to repeat 10 times. Either way seems silly cause Iwould think that proman would have something to handle it. I just havent found it yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jay,

in Parameter Tree you must set STEP_DEPTH = 0.001, then in Trajectory sequence > Customize > Automatic Cut > Cut > "Start Height" and "Height" where Start Height = 0 and Height = -0.01.

I hope this helps you

Zdenek

You're awesome! Thanks for the assist.

I just tried it out and it works perfectly. You just ended about 3 years of off and on frustration. Thanks
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back