Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PROE to JT Translator

intruder

Has anyone tried to install the proe2jt translator? I am having a tough time with this install. This is for translation of PRO/E files to "jt" format for use in the UGS Teamcenter Visualizer tool. This was formerly Vismockupfrom EDS, and we used it successfully a few versions back, but not since Wildfire 2.0 has been installed.

I have tried unsuccessfully for about 3 months, with "expert" help from both UGS and PTC.There is a lot of finger-pointing going on, and each vendor states that the problem is with the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and regards.

Intruder,

What version are you using? For Wildfire2 you should be using 5.4 That's the latest.

Date: July 1, 2005

ProEngineer 2001, Wildfire, and Wildfire 2.0 JT Translator Version 5.4

Halo

Dear Halo,

Could you please tell me something.

I have created a CAD Part which has my clients parameters in it. I check in the part into the Windchill system and checked it out. I save a local copy. I see that there are 14 PTC related parameters added to the CAD Part. And when I see the parameters option from Wildfire it shows that all the 14 PTC related parameters are in a Locked state.

This CAD Part has to be checked in to the clients Teamcenter Engineering (iMan) system. Is there any way we can suppress or delete these parameters and then check the part into the Teamcenter system. With the current scenario what happens is that the CAD Model goes into the TCE environment and comes out without any problem but the tessellation of the CAD Part fails so as the creation of VisView file in TCE. This fails with errors.

Does the PTC related parameters create problems when it is sent through the JT Translator for creating the VisView markup file. The client is seems to be having the problem on the part which has this parameters and I am not sure whether these parameters are causing the failure.

Thanks,

Deepak

Deepak,

I take that you are part of the same group/role as the existing part in Teamcenter?

locked parameters should not be the cause a problem but will investigate this matter further.

one thing you might want to try is deleting the JT file from the item revision and saving a new one in it's place. this way it won't try to overwrite but replace it instead.

do you have any problems with other files or just this one?

Halo

Hi Halo,

I am sorry that I missed writing back to you on your response. I have seen sometime back ran the JT Translator and tessellated a CAD Model but donot know whether it had the PTC related parameters in it.

Actually the JT Translator is used at our client side and I donot have any access to that. The person whom I generally go through is not at all clear on what has to be tested to find the actual error message while tessellation of the CAD Model. They just said that it failed. And I donot know what does that means failed. But they donot have any access to the error messages etc.

I would love to go and test everything out at the client side and see what could be the real reason.

If you could test at your end then that would be of a great help. Can I send you the test part for this testing.

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Deepak

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back