Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Editing 3D notes

mdemers

Dear PTC,

I wish 3D notes were as easy to edit as they were back in Pro/E 2000i2.

Unfortunately, since Wildfire 1, to edit the value of a parameter added to a 3D note, you need to set the "selector" (bottom-right of screen) to "annotation" because the "smart selector" is not smart enough to allow the selection of 3D notes. Plus, once the "selector" is set to "annotation" and a note was edited once, the "selector" gets back to "smart" mode but does allow selecting 3D notes.

This incoherence lets me believethat the issue was forgotten by the programers.

Have a good day,

Mat

I faced the same problem with 3D not. The easiest and most convenience way is to select using model tree.

NDK

I'm sure that is what the programmers thought too, just selete it from the model tree. Of course this would be considered "cutting corners". I never could understand the whole smart mode because your right mdemers it's not smart at all. Has anybody created a surface finish and try to select it and delete? With smart mode you can selete the surface finish but sometimes it won't delete the feature unless you change to annotation.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back