Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pro Toolkit

sujayt,

Read the API Wizard documentation. c:\ptc\pro\protoolkit\protkdoc\index.html. Make sure you have jvm installed. www.java.com

hi,

i cannot find the help files and can u plz explain how to get assembly constraints and joint types of the 3d assemblies using protoolkit

sujayt,

First, did you install Pro/Toolkit when you installed Pro/E on your computer? If so then you will have a protoolkit directory as I explained in my previous post.

Second, I cannot explain to you how to get the specific data you are requesting. It would be better explained in the protoolkit documentation. However, if you would like a program written for your company then contact Brad Harbert ([email protected]) from FroTime (www.frotime.com). He is the sales guy there who would setup the communication with development (me).

hiwilliaps/sujayt

This is dharaneetharan,working in pro/e,i haveprograming knowledge in c&C++,vb .is it enough to survive in toolkit.... i want to know ... why we need pro/ toolkit ...

actualy i am doing research to link pro/e with Excel sheet .the user have to enter the datas through excel sheet and get the component and drawing in pro/e...like that ... is it possible ...if you have any ideas in this please tell me how to link excel with pro/e ... where is the link ....in pro/e

Why would you use excel to input parameter values? Why don't you build your own UI to do this with ProUI?

hi williaps...

i am not aware of proUI ... is it need any licence to that user interface ...

please give a small introduction ... where is the option ... in pro/e...

is it advance module...

how to built that our own UI...

i know C,C++ and VB thats enough to that ....

please give some ideas in this ...

Thanks in advance ... Tharan

When you install Pro/ENGINEER you have to check the box next to Pro/TOOLKIT in order to install it. Then you can read the API Wizard located on your machine:

<Pro/ENGINEER Loadpoint>\protoolkit\protkdoc\index.html

The Pro/TOOLKIT is not some button you pick inside of Pro/ENGINEER. It is a set of API's that C/C++ programmers can use to automate Pro/ENGINEER. ProUI is a subset of functions contained in the Pro/TOOLKIT API.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back