Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Program for computing mass

Atif Khushnood

Hi,

I want to write a program that can compute the mass of cylinder for several values of thickness.

can any one help me in this regard.

Thanks

I just wrote something like that last week. My version populates an entire family table with mass values. This is done in toolkit, the function used was

status = ProSolidMassPropertyGet(FTmdl, NULL, &mass_prop);
DblVal = mass_prop.mass;

Pro can be set up to calculate the mass for you every regeneration without toolkit. The standard method is :
<UL style="MARGIN-TOP: 0in" =disc>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Verify the Density is correct. Correct if needed. [Setup, Density]</LI>
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l2 level1 lfo3; tab-stops: list .5in">Create a mass parameter if needed.</LI>[/list]
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">At the end of your relations: MASS = MP_MASS("")</LI>[/list]
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l1 level1 lfo2; tab-stops: list .5in">At the end of pro-program</LI>[/list]
MASSPROP
PART 091-246-0000 {use your part name}
END MASSPROP

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back