Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Good mouse?

cncwhiz

I have been running pro with a three button mouse for around five years and I am looking for somthing differant. We use wildchild here and and because the mouse is not need the same I am looking for a cordless mouse. I would like to have one of those mice the has a re-charge base. Does anyone use one of these and like it?

There is something called a spacetraveller you heard of it? i've never used one but apperently there good, however you still need a mouse have a look at gaming ones with lots of programmable buttons!! there are plenty with rechargeable base units, i personally have always used microft there ergonomics suit my hand perfect ussually

Cheers

the spacer -X series is always said to be good bnut for over 500usd ive never tried one.

i use a gamers mouse, intelli mouse <microsoft> 5 button. i love it.

I use a Logitech Media play mouse. It's nice to be able to connect via cordless USB device to any PC or laptop. Also, this mouse has a couple extra programmable buttons you can customize. Not to mention I can controllmy media playerwith the click of a button.

I have recently useda space ball controller. My comment on them is they would probably be great if you actually use them. I found myself still using the mouse mapkeys. A couple thingsOne thing Ididn't like: The application launches with ProE and remains open and active until you close it (not sure how or why as Pro usually takes control of everything when it launches).

This is a question for 'ProE_Addict',

You referred to 'mouse mapkeys', can you explain what those are and how to set them up/use them?

Sorry for the confusion.

I read my post after posting and thought I'd get a question on that.

I'll blame my bad typing skills.

I should have typed mouse and mapkeys (i.e. CTRL+middle mouse, etc. and custom mapkey created and stored inmy config.pro).

Most newer mice have several extra buttons on them you can customize. The Media Play Mouse has several. For instance you could assign the one thumb button on the mouse to function as the shift and another as the control key. You could then tie your left (or right) hand behind your back and "show off" by doing you work one handed (you'd probably be given a second PC so you be twice as productive)!

Thanks,

I must admit I was thinking it would bequite productive if we had mouse mapkeys! Maybe we should send this to ProE!

If you have a mouse with extra buttons, you can do that. The Media Play mouse can assign a keystroke to a button on the mouse. And you didn't evenneed to go through the frequently-ignored suggested enhancement process!

Good idea! Just a note to others, you have to assign the button to xtop.exe program, search for it in your install directory.

cncwhiz said:
I have been running pro with a three button mouse for
around five years and I am looking for somthing differant. We use
wildchild here and and because the mouse is not need the same I am
looking for a cordless mouse. I would like to have one of those mice
the has a re-charge base. Does anyone use one of these and like
it?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/AU/EN,C RID=2135,CONTENTID=9043

is good. Laser, tons of buttons, very ergonomic, charging cradle.

If you run an Intellimouse, beware of the Microsoft drivers. There is a
least one version (I think it is version 5.0) that does not allow you
change button assignment between programs.

I run an intellimouse Explorer 3 and I love it however they are going
or have gone out of production and I don't like the ergonomics of it's
replacement so my mouse will be going with me.

DB

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back