Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Render completely white floor

sander

I want to render a part, with a complete white background.

However, I want shadows reflected on the floor. That floor should then
be completely white also. But when I apply a white floor material to my
part, it results in a greyed floor.

Or another situation : How to render a floor as a solid color ?

Sander, what you need to do is dull down the reflection in the floor in the room set up located in render control.

open up the room editor, select the floor, the colour and appearance editor will open, go to map tab, unselect the check box to use map..

I haven't got pro opened now but I thing the first tab is called the basic tab, set it to white there, under the third tab (advanced?) you can set the reflection, chance it to maybe 10, maybe a little less for the white floor)

then you have to sort out your lights (both defaults are Grey!) maybe consider toggling off the default ambient and adding a spot light, slightly of white (slightly yellow - very slightly yellow) directly over your part, turn on cast shadows, bump up your render setting to max, select light room and reflect room lit and press the render button!

hope this helps!

James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back