Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Center Marks for a Radius or Circle

RLRick001

Can anyone please tell me how I can show or create Center Marks (Cross Hairs) for a Circle or a Radius?

Thank You,

Hi, a way to this is with "show and erase" and show the belonging axis. You can then drag axis this to be the size you want.

J

Further detail...........while in drawing mode, under drop down menu "view"...select "show and erase"............then select "______A-1" button in the pop-up window.........then select either view, feature, part for desired choice.

if at all, it is not showing , then you have to go to "draw setup" and configure the options of the axis menu.

again to create centre marks, you can go to create datum axis option.and u can create axis for that cylinder/circular feature.

You can also create an axis at the center by using the option SKETCH/AXIS POINT in the sketcher mode and place it at the center of the arc.

Or you can insert an axis using the option INSERT/AXIS/THROUGH CYLINDER.

Add the following command to your "config.pro" file:

show_axes_for_extr_arcs yes

This will create an axis for every arc in the model. This option must be set before you create the feature(s) that you want the extra axis to show up. When you are finished creating these extra axis, reset the config.pro option to "no", which is the default, or you are going to have alot of extra axis in you models.

I wish to Thank all of you for your help and suggestions. I will use them and share with others at work.

Best Regards,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back