Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Need Help Extracting Texture Data

moleary

Anyone have an example that extracts texture data from a model. I am using the prodb_surface_tessellation function, but I get all 0.0 values for my u,v coordinates that are returned. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

moleary,

Did you look up the function prodb_get_surface_props? Look in the API Wizard under User's Guide->Graphics and Object Display->Cosmetic Properties->Surface Properties. You might find your answer there.

Patrick

Thanks for the help Patrick, but I've seen this. I think I really need some example source to figure out what's going wrong. I've made all of the calls to the functions I need, but still get UV values of 0.0. The one thing I am not entirely sure about is how to set the Pro_uv_attr structure that is passed to the prodb_surface_tessellate function. Does anyone know how this should be set up? Thanks for any help you can give!

Well, you can call pro_db_get_surface_props. In the returned structure there is a projection and local_csys, both of which you need to populate the Pro_uv_attr. Then you can tessellate the surface. I have not done it but that is where I would start.

I was using this structure returned, but it was crashing sometimes so I had removed it. ThenI realized that codewasn't respecting the function return value and accessing invalid memory. Thanks again for the help!

Hi Moleary & Patrick,

Did you get your answer? I think,we do not get proper values for local_csys from prodb_get_surface_props.

I have same requirement of getting uv coordiantes for textre mapping. Let me know if you have some clues.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back