Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to decide a hidden feature?

LittleTome

hi,all,

As we know , we can hide a feature. For example, we can rightclick mouse on a surface that created by revolve tool, then chose hide menu item to hide the surface. How todecide whetherthe featureis hidden or not?And can anybody tell me which Pro/Toolkit API can do this work?

Thanks,

Regards

James

Hello James,

The Pro/E Hide command changes the color of the Model Tree icons for any hidden feature. I look to the model tree for any greyed out icons.

Keep in mind that View / Visibility / Unhide all brings back everything that was hidden in the current assembly.

-Mark

James,

I couldn't find an explicit feature hide function but I did find this: ProSolidFeatstatusSet. Maybe the status PRO_FEAT_INACTIVE is the status to hide the feature.

Patrick

Hi,Mark and Patrick,

Thank you so much, and I think your replies is veryuseful to slove the prolem. Firstly, I lookedto the Pro/Toolkit user's guide for some APIs that can visit allthe elements of model tree, but I cannot findit. Mark, Could you give me somepoints please? Secondly,I used ProSolidFeatstatusSet() with parameterPRO_FEAT_INACTIVEto let the feature inactive(in fact ,I used ProFeatureStatusSet()), butwhenI got the status of the featureby ProFeatureStatusGet(), the hidden featurewas also return the status:pRO_FEAT_ACTIVE. It is so bad
smiley5.gif
. Patrick, the code segment is as follows:

// If the feature is not active, skip it
ProFeatStatus fstatus;
ProFeatureStatusGet(feature, &fstatus);
if(fstatus != PRO_FEAT_ACTIVE)
return(PRO_TK_NO_ERROR);

Hope more advice.Thanks!

James

LittleTome,

The model tree consists of features. You need to use the function ProSolidFeatVisit to visit all of those elements. Look up: User's Guide->Basic Access to Feaures.

Shoot, ProFeatStatusSet was my best shot at hiding a feature. Maybe you should submit a question to PTC about it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back