Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Toolkit in wildfire

rohitagr

I am using Proe wildfire 2.0. How to install and use Toolkit. I have installed full Cd. I don't how to start for it.

While reading in auxilary apllications I guess that some file has to be registered in it for toolkit to work. I tried two dat files in protoolkit and prodevolop but they are not getting registered. What I have to do for them toget registered or what else i can do to run Toolkit

I couln't get you, i think there is no problem with licencing. Problem is in registering it. I was reading tkuse.pdf. In it was given how to register Toolkit application but till now I am unable to do so. If anybody can give me full toolkit installing procedure and also how it looks after installation then it will be very easy for me to do so.

Thanks in advance, I really need that.

Is there no one to solve my problem? Atleast someone must be using Toolkit. How he has installed in his PC?

You have nothing to install in your PC. Pro/Toolkit meansAPIrotinesyou\ll need to write your code and the possibility to run your .dll or .exe application without unlocking.

In other words, write you application in VISUAL C++ or VISUAL #, using the API routines, compile and run it. Read the tkuse.pdf.

-Hora

Thanks everybody. Now I got something of usage of Toolkit. We make program outside Proe screen it is not like VBA screen as in excel, Autocad. To link that program that we have developed we use toolkit method given in tkuse.pdf.
smiley1.gif
Is it correct what I said?

I want to start my programming in toolkit, how to start?

I recently changed my PC. I have freshly installed Proe. Now in this 'nmake' is not working. It is showing unrecognised command. License & proe is properly installed. What is wrong?
smiley19.gif

rohitagr,

'nmake' is actully nmake.exe. It is the makeprogram for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. MSVC++ is an IDE that programmers use to program in C/C++. 'make' is the make program gcc that Linux/Unix runs. You need to buy MSVC++ 6.0 or .Net2003.

Pro/Toolkit is a set of API's (Application Programming Interfac) that a C/C++ programmer can use to manipulate Pro/ENGINEER. In other words it's a set of C functions that I can call in my C/C++ source code much like the following:

pro_error = ProMessageDisplay(g_pro_wszMsgFile, "CMMUUSER P%0s", "Select the hole to find.");

pro_error = ProSelect("surface", 1, NULL, &pro_selFuncs, NULL, NULL, &pro_aSelection, &nSelection);

All of the Pro/TOOLKIT API's start with Pro... You should browse to the following directory in you install location and open up index.html. Make sure you have the JVM installed from java.sun.com

<Pro/ENGINEER loadpoint>\protoolkit\protkdoc\index.html

Hope this helps explain things a little better.

Thanks Patrick. It was a very nice introduction. It makes me clear in many points. One problem still remains is that I have MSVC++ 6.0. nmake is not showing what could be the problem?

I got the solution of above problem. I unchecked the option of command line while installing VS.

Now I will try making few programs. Thanks to all.
Edited by: rohitagr

The problem is that the directory where nmake resides is not in your PATH environment variable. When installing MSVC++it should have asked you if you want to register environment variable. Make sure you check this option. The path should be something like the following: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin.

Another useful tip is that you should register and track the [Toolkits] email exploder on www.ptcuser.org. Good luck!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back