Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simplified Representations Problem

rajbirsingh23

Dear Friends,

I am working in Proe-20001 on very big assly. To simplify the drawing creation i used simplified rep. because in particular view i need only some selected components to be shown.
<UL>
<LI>I created a parameter say "A" (Integer) in the parts and assigned value "1" to certen selected parts which i want to be shown in sim. rep.</LI>
<LI>Icreated sim. rep. Exclude>By Rule > Properties> Expression- A = 1.</LI>
<LI>I got the required result.</LI>
<LI>But if i change the value "A" from "1" to some other value in some parts, the sim rep is not reflecting the changes even after regenration.</LI>[/list]

So the problem is that sim. rep. is not reflected the change i made in the parts parameter.

smiley7.gif
Can anybody tell me where i am going wrong, or what is the correct way to reach the desired goal!!!!

Regards,

[email protected]
smiley1.gif

Rajbirsingh23,

You are not doing anything wrong, you just forgot something...

To use a parameter in an expression, the parameter must be designated. After that, you must save the file in order for the parameter to be recognized by the rule.

See http://www.ptc.com/cs/tpi/2791.htmfor PTC Information

After this, your problem will be solved ....
smiley17.gif

Kind regards,
Filip Deconinck
ProE Support Consultant
Edited by: FDdesign

Thanks Mr. Filip Deconinck,

I had designated the Parameter, even i tried once more after getting your reply but still it is not getting updated as i changes the value of parameter.

regards,

rajbir singh.

Did you really SAVED the part after that you changed the parameter? Because, if you don't save the part you will get no change in your 'Simplified Rep.- state'.
It's very important that you that...

After that, you have to regenerate your assembly (in that Simplified Rep) if you allready have your assembly in your memory.

Kind regards,
Filip Deconinck
ProE Support Consultant

PS: Which build of ProE2001 are you using ?

Rajbirsingh23,

I've put a small assembly with it. (See ASM0001 in 2005-01-11_080619_simplrep.zip)
Open it. It contains 2 Simpl.Reps.
REP0001 = Default Rule: MASTER and the expression rule is EXCLUDE component.
REP0002 = Default Rule: EXCLUDE and the expression rule is MASTER component.
PRT0001 and PRT0002 have a parameter A.
Set the asm ASM0001 in a state. Don't matter which. > Open a part (PRT0001 or PRT0002), change the parameter A to 0 or 1. > Save that part. > Go back to your Simpl.Rep and regenerate the asm.
You will see that it will work.

Can you check that ?

Kind regards,
Filip Deconinck
ProE Support Consultant

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back