Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

set working directory

ndk

Hi all!

I have to set the same working directory every time I start pro/E.Currently, I used a mapkeyholding this job.Does config.pro options canspecify a working directory? anyone got the same problem before? Plzz help me!

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Right click on your icon on your desktop. there should be a box with which you can choose pro's starting working directory. type in the ful path to your directory there and apply. next time you start pro up it should automatically use the chosen directory.

hope this helps

Tinag

OOO, n happy new year

smiley1.gif

Tinag is right but in Wildfire 2.0 you have to set the following configuration option in your config.pro file

file_open_default_folder working_directory

Israr

ndk,

sorry to correct, tinag is woman and Israr is man and the plural of man and woman is not men.

Israr

Hi again,

I have found that using "peeps" or "people" is usually better than guessing a persons gender, helps to prevent any misunderstandings.

Regards,

Tinag

ah!!!
smiley36.gif

I'm so sorry. I doen't mean to make any misunderstanding....

Sorry about that, Tinag

Hello.

I also need help with this.

I tried changing the config.pro file for wildfire2 to reflect the default directory. The line now looks like this:

file_open_default_folder d:\data

It is still not working correctly. Any suggestions?

Thanks you in advance!

-D

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back