Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawings not having desiganated informati

bcritical

In Intralink I created certain designators like title_1, title_2, mat'l_1....etc. Which are designated from part parameters. When I create a drawing of that part it does not bring over those designators into the drawing so in intralink these fields are blank for the drawing but shows up for the part. My question is how do I get them to read the same thing.

Bill

You have to write program line in the drawing with the line:

parameter-name=parameter-name:d

First one is model parameter, which you created in the model and the second one is so called drawing parameter. Then you have to designate that parameter in the drawing and that's about it. Intralink should now display parameter created for the drawing.

I am not familiar with programing in pro. Could you walk me through this? Sounds like you have the answer I need.

Entering the program in the drawing is basically the same as writing relations in the model.

Open the drawing,on the right hand side menu click Advanced, Program, Edit Program, Insert Line and write down the relation whichallocates parameter from the model to the drawing parameter (namely, the model and the drawing have separate parameters) as shown above

[your-model-parameter]=[your-drawing-parameter]:d

eg.

title=title:d or

material=material:d

With Insert line function you can define all the drawing parameter you want to show in the Intralink plus you can enter "the program" into the drawing templates. This means whenewer you will open new drawing with that template your previously entered lines will automatically be executed.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back