Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Undo command

FishNut

I'm probably not the first person to remark on the long awaited 'UNDO' command, and probably won't be the last. I have recently started test driving Wildfire20. I'm having no luck with the undo. I create a simple protrusion, then create a hole. I can't even undo creating the hole or modifying the diameter of the hole. I have found a TPI on the PTCknowledge base stating that undo will not work with any part that has pro-program in it. That would be most of our parts. The only thingUNDO seems to accomplish is to waste2 spaces in my toolbar area. They are always greyed out. Many users have come to me and asked about the new wildfire and I tell them that it even has an undo. Now I will have to tell them that it is not even remotely close the panacea that we all dreamed of. I have the general_undo_stack_limit set to 50.

Am I doing something wrong? does this work for anyone?

If I were you I would complain, file an enhancement request or SPR or something because the Undo command is the best thing since sliced bread as far as CAD goes. I've already used it 3 times today and I haven't even had my coffee yet. Not only does it allow you to experiment with different features or modifications without causing too much time lost but you can easily correct errors. You need it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back