Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

java and proE

Krishna Pawar

hi there

I am java programmer and working on Pro-E. can anybody guide me how to integrate java code to Pro E. i.e. the width of a cube (model in pro e ) is taken from a calculation which is coded in java. and also how to create a input form and attach to Pro E?

Krishna

Hi,

Try using J-Link with Pro-E. J-Link is a part of the standard installation of Pro-E, no extra modules are needed.

Best regards,

Gustav Sk

hi,

I think you might have to try Pro Tool Kit application to create custom User Interface.

Also you can invoke any java code in the pro tool kit code.

Am I answering the point?

Krishna,

ehigsd is correct, you can create custom dialog boxes with swing and manipulate Pro/ENGINEER with J-Link. Go to the following location on your hard drive (if you installed J-Link) to get more information on J-Link:

<Pro Loadpoint>\jlink\jlinkdoc\index.html (remember to dowload JVM www.java.com)

Patrick

hi,

Iam new to PRO/tool kit...Ok.now i understand, Jlink is for User INterface as well.

I have worked in UG API programming in which it has UI styler for cutomising user interface..but it is not OOP.

thanks all

good luck

Pro/TOOLKIT also has UI functions that you use to build a UI. It just depends on if you want to spend $20K for a Pro/TOOLKIT license.

Patrick

problem while loading index file in jlink

Krishna,

ehigsd is correct, you can create custom dialog boxes with swing and manipulate Pro/ENGINEER with J-Link. Go to the following location on your hard drive (if you installed J-Link) to get more information on J-Link:

<Pro Loadpoint>\jlink\jlinkdoc\index.html (remember to dowload JVM www.java.com)

Patrick

Hi Patrick,
I am facing a problem while loading the index file. After it opens(testswingexistence) it shows a pop up message stating 'application blocked by security settings'

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back