Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

forum idea

puppet

didnt know where to put this.

is it possible to get a "last 20 posts" option on the forum?

like it was on the old pro-e central page?

Puppet,

The same thing I requested to Jason Turk , he agreed to think over it but hasn't yet incarporated it.

Would be nice to see "last 20 posts" like before.

Israr

See this post in the "Announcements" forum:

[url]http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25 316&PN=1[/url]

Each time you come back to the site you can click on "Active Topics" and see what has been postedsince your last visit or login. You can also specify a certain time back. Also, if you subscribe to the Daily Update (see your settings) you can see the latest posts over the previous 24 hours.

How can you get a Daily Update? I have searched for such a thing, don't see it. I have subscibed to about a dozen forum topics, never get any email. Also, the "active topics" link resets itself to current time if you move around the site. It is impossible to set it back to a specific day.

<DIV>To subscribe to Daily, Weekly, or Monthly Updates, log into your account and click the Settingsbutton at the top of the page, then click on "Edit Profile." You will see options to subscribe to the email updates for each MCAD system. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>The active topic link defaults to the previous time you logged in. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>You can click the drop down box after "Show Active Topics since" and select an appropriate time. I will see about adding extra time slots, such as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. days back.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Make sure your email address is correct in your settings!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

As long as this topic is kind of turning into a wishlist, I have one request/gripe. Is there any way to not include the job postings on the email upates? I know this is probably a good source of revenue for this website and one of the reasons why you're now keeping it free. However, I can't have emails coming to work with job listings in it. If my boss looks over my shoulder and sees me perusing the want ads, it tends to degrade his trust in my commitment. Just a thought, everything else is great.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back