Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

kinematic analysis of suspension curve

Uni Phil

Hi again people

I've modelled a linkage with a suspension shock in it. I've also assembled in as connections so that everything moves in relation to how far the wheel lifts off the ground, and yes I have fixed the main body as ground.

What I want to do though is find out what the suspension curve is like, ie for a given amount of movement by the wheel upwards how much does the suspension stroke go.

I've have tried to ask at university but I just keep being told that because it isn't in the sylibus I don't have to know.

Anyone out there got any experience on this or maybe a tutorial.

I'm using WF 1.0, but will be shifting to WF 2.0 in a couple of weeks.

Cheers for reading people.

Uni,

You need to create a displacement measure in the suspension shock join. This will only give you the magnitude of the shock displacement . After that you can plot the measure vs time in proE or export this information to excel and plot it there.

Luis
Edited by: Luis Aguirre

Luis

How do I go about creating a displacement measure in the suspension shock join? I am very new to this and still haven't been able to find anything outr about this type of analysis at university or the net, in the way of tutorials so please excuse the ignorance.

Cheers

Luis

Thanks for the help, it is very much appriciated. I have gone thorugh the steps that you have outlined above but nothing is happening. When I press ok on the measure definition dialogue box then it just goes back to the measure results box and I haven't got a clue what to do next.

I must be doing something wrong somewhere

after you define measure as per above instructions you need to run the analysis again. To see the measure when you playback the animation of the analysis just run you select the measure against the run analysis. Now you can see the measure.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back