Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF 2.0 to WF 1.0

Uni Phil

I've just been told by my tutor that WF 2.0 models can't be taken back into WF 1.0.

Thats tutors for you

Anyone find that?

Cheers#

Well that's not strictly true. There isn't a 'save as' to an earlier version but you can use what is called the Advanced Topology Bus to use models created in a newer version. Personally I have never used this, but I have seen a demo.

Red Devil

I can't find anything relating to an "advanced topology bus" on the net. Do you know where you found the demo or was it at a ptc training session.

Cheers

Oops, it is the Associative Topology Bus. Sorry. I can't remember where the webcast was. I've searched the for 'Associative Topology Bus' and there are plenty of hits to keep you going.

Red Devil

The reality is: WF2.0files areincompatible with WF1.0... PTC have decided to make it a "forwards-only" step when you upgrade, much like the 2001 > WF1.0 step.

This is seemingly due to new functionality & re-arrangement of the feature database, but the more cynical amongst us may put it down to sales &training revenue...
smiley5.gif

Edited by: proed

I can understand the ways that WF 2.0 can't be compatible with WF 1.0 due to technical reasons, and i know that anything new in the latest version that is done and wasn't present in WF 1.0 won't be able to be migrated but it would be nice to take models and the like backwards.

I'll post up anything i find on the subject.

Uni Phil,

Youhave beenvery rightly informed that WF2.0 models cannot be taken to WF1.0. The only way you can do that isby doinga save as and saving it in the .neu format (proe native the good old way of proe downward compatibality) and then opening in any version of proe.

Even with ATB you wont get the feature list etc., what you will again get is a dumb data. PTC claims that there is downward compatibility.... but that is not the actual case.

Vishnu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back