Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Using Microsoft Excel with Pro/ENGINEER

Mloew

<H3 style="MARGIN: 0pt"></H3>
Many users have complained that Pro/E has limited interfacing capabilities with MS Excel. While the integration with Excel might not be as uniform as with some other MCAD products, there are many useful ways to integrate spreadsheets within Pro/E. Here are some descriptions and links I have come up with:

You can use MS Excel as the table editor and for graphing in BMX by setting the environment variables as follows:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
PART_TABLE_EDITOR to "EXCEL"
BM_GRAPH_TOOL to "EXCEL_LINKED"</BLOCKQUOTE>
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Check the PTC Knowledge Base under the Support Tools heading with the keyword "Excel". Specifically, see About the Excel Analysis and Excel Analysis Feature functionality in Behavioral Modeling . Note: You need to be a maintenance paying customer to access this information.

Here are some other tutorials or articles I have found:
<UL>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0pt" ="Msonormal">Drive Your Pro/ENGINEER Model with a Spreadsheet by Edwin Muirhead. From the Winter 2002 issue of Profiles Magazine.</DIV></LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0pt" ="Msonormal">Using Microsoft Excel to Sort Global Interference Check Information from Pro/ENGINEER .(video tutorial)</DIV></LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0pt" ="Msonormal">Introduction to Optimization Excel to Pro/ENGINEER through Pro/PROGRAM</DIV></LI>
<LI>
<DIV style="MARGIN: 0pt" ="Msonormal">Integrating Pro/E & MS-Excel with the p-Shell API.</DIV></LI>[/list]
Edited by: Mloew

I have many friends. And I often spend time with them.
But couple days ago I was in a hole. I tried to remember
who was a programmer of my friends. And I understood that
it was nobody. For luck I used the Google and
accidentally observed there -
.html">Excel file repairing. It pleased me because
solved my proposition for seconds effortlessly and
ultimately free of cost as I bore in mind. Moreover I saw
how the tool could recovered contents and export of
recovered data into a new document in Microsoft Excel
format.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World