Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Poor (very poor) graphics in wildfire

rcamp

Severalmonths ago I was working in Wildfire and went to a side view of a wireframe view of a part. I wanted to rotate slightly, and gradually, but notice that instead the view jumped the equivalent of several degrees when only slightly moving the mouse. I didn't recall 2001 being this way, but assumed it must have been. Finally today I went back to see, and it's not. 2001 is very smooth and gradual, not jumpy in the least.

This is a wireframe view of a solid model! It actually does this in any view, but it is more noticeable when rotating of from a side view where edges are aligned.I can't even rotate back where the lines align again, whereas into 2001, you can put them right back on top of each other.

Did wildfire lose something in the graphics department? Is there a 2001 graphics setting that isn't compatible with WF?

I have an Invidia Quadro Pro2 w/ 64 mb.

Ihad a 64MB card before switching to Quadro 128MB and it made aBIG difference, I work with 4000 part assy and am able to rotate around with some choppy display , but smaller assy's it works nice.

Had the same problem, and a new Pro/E compatible graphics card was the fix I needed (there was some groaning about the nearly $1000 price tag, though
smiley7.gif
). When we upgraded to 2.0, I had other problems with graphics--whenever I rotated a shaded part, the entire viewing screen was brilliant red. We called PTC and walked through a few changes until we fixed it. Nothing too complicated, but a pain nonetheless.

Ah well, back to work....

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back