Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

support for LWA-Lightworks materials

You are obviously talking about being able to manipulate the death and width factors in leather for example in a material? I would think that we would at least have hot keys for this fine tune procedural manipulations?

Compared to what the Lightworks rendering software can do, I think it is sad that PTC even bundles it as a package... "oh I love lens flair". If it is too much work to write into the code then give us hot keys! We will figure it out from there. I have never seen moldtech call outs on materials. Are those materials procedural?

The texture on thisKohler sink was faked in photoshop:
kohler2.jpg

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Bart Brejcha<O:p></O:p>
DESIGN-ENGINE|EDUCATION
http://www.proetools.com <O:p></O:p>

Edited by: design-engine

I would hope the materials are procedural but I have no idea how they are represented in a lwa-enabled application. I also have no idea how good or usable those materials really are. But anyway pre-made materials are always a good start...

All I know is that Lightworks has already quite a long listof suppliers providing librairies of lwa materials and that they keep adding some.Check it out at www.lightworks-user.com

I say we users all get together to beg PTC to
support those materials in Lightworks! I estimate the interface could be
modified in less than 100 hours and the testing could be done in about the same
amount of time. Including modifications I bet WF 3.0 or WF 4.0 could be
developed to utilize procedural maps much like Pro/CONCEPT in 350 hours total.
My company team members probably spends a total 200 hours per year
importing into Alias or MAYA from Pro/ENGINEER.

Otherwise we should use something else or larn to alter the sh*t of of
imagry using Photoshop. Can't hurt anyway.
http://www.proetools.com/courses/design /photoshop.htm

Edited by: design-engine

yeah I saw that alright! they weren;t when I posted them.. ptc mush have moved things around..

I got them from teh wildfire 3.0 post in the rant and rave section.. all the updates WF3.0 will have..

if yo know where that can be found now, the links will be there too!

sorry I can't be of more help!

James

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back