Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

motion on the path of a elipse

puppet

i have a datam curve in the form of a elipse.

and i have a item which travels on the curve with travels round and round on the curve. any idea what kind of driver is best?

(think of a train set) .. i tried to make it a join axis driver, and have a link arm join my little train to the track, but my elipse is very elongated resulting in very fast motion at the ends.

is there away to drive my train relative to the start and finish points of the track?

you need point-slot option. Your datum curve should be your ellipse and point should a point on train touching the curve. Since the wheels can touch ellipse continuously you need something create in your train model that touch ellipse all the time.

Israr

i dont get u.

u mean there is a point slot driver option? ive not seen it. will have to double check thanks. i think.

because thats what i have in the form of connections

wf.

slot follow as a driver ? nope aint seen it

slot follower as a constraint yeah thats what i am using. i think i will have to look at drivers more.

slot follower as connection and your driver should be servomotor with type as velocity and table as value. In the table you need to give altleast 4 values.

Israr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back