Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

post processors

tinag

Hi,

We have recently bought a Makino Hyper5 milling machine. Can anyone tell me where i can get a pro/nc compatible post for this machine as the supplier does not have this post.

Kindest regards,

Tinag

Tinag,

I just went through the same thing but with a different machine. I ended up writing my own post. It was time consuming but not really too complicated as long as you have G-post. You have to have good documentation on the machine, all the G codes, registers, limits, and such.

John

Hi John,

Unfortunatly i know absolutly nothing about writing post's and the manual we have is completly in Japanese!!!. I did basic cnc programming at college but that was all ;-) 2 of our sister companies already use this machine but 1 uses Catia and the other uses a stand alone nc package.

Thanx anyway- guess i will keep searchin the net.

Regards

It's such a shame that in these many years, the undeniable ignorance of the machine tool builders and software companies

still exist. Post have been a problem for as long as cnc machines had controls.

I would contact g-post directly and they will customize a post for you but at a great costs.

Certain PTC resellers have a resident expert that will also contract this from you.

Tinag,

I can get you in touch with the guy that built the posts for my shop if that's what you are looking for.

Talk to your PTC Sales guy and have him talk to the consultant group or Aplication engineers and see if they know of a customer that they wrote one for or know of a customer that has one. Sometimes they already have them and are willing to share....

Thanx for your replies. We have decided to purchase a general post program, ( either Cam-post or Teso post ). Does anyone use either of the above ? How accurate are they ?

Tinag

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back