Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

COPY IN WILDFIRE 2.0 WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT

Heathbn

Now when you go to copy a curve you have to use ctrl C and ctrl V. I would like to know what advantages this gives us. Right now I think it just adds key board picks. I think I want my icon back please. What do you guys think?

you can make such icon by creating mapkey and studding it your menu. Its in the Edit menu. Actually Pro/E I like and is famous for minimun screen clutter (a lot ther in SOLIDWORKS).

So I think its good to use ctrl c and ctrl v.

Israr

They did it to make it more Windows-centric. If you're used to Word/Excel/Photoshop and all the other major Windows apps, it makes sense.

How do you build a composite curve (approximate / exact) then? Or does the dashboard still open if you select a curve and Edit menu / Copy?

In wildfire you pick the curves then (the copy icon highlights) you pick the copy icon and middle click to accept.

In wildfire 2.0 you pick the curves (nothing highlights) then go to the keyboard and use ctrl C then ctrl V then middle click to accept.

Less info as you work with more buttons to push. I just don

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back