Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

First wall from copy geometry feat

skraba

I have a problem with sheetmetal first wall created as thin protrusion from copy geometry surface.

I can create a rip, but then I can't unbend the wall. It says No geometry to unbend.

Is there any way around to maintain sheetmetal unbend functionality and associate bended wall with skeleton model?

If you are working in sheetmetal you have to set a fixed geometry, a flat surface or edge as a reference to unbend from. In sheetmetal it should prompt for the fixed geometry if you have not already set in setup.

If you have a thin protrusion (solid part) it won't unbend, you have to convert it to sheetmetal and you have to put in at least one sheetmetal specific feature.

You have to create the first wall as an unattached flat or extruded wall and not a thin protrusion. From what you describe it sounds like it is starting as a solid part rather than a sheetmetal part.

jperkins

The problem is not with solid/sheetmetal type. I created thin solid with CopyGeom references and next time I created first wall as blended protrusion with CopyGeom references for sections.

I think there's a problem with sheetmetal and copygeom references. Since the section is attached to the copy geometry feature it won't unbend it.

I just wanted to know if there is any workaround to keep copygeom references and still be able to use sheetmetal unbend functionality.

I would use unattached wall instead of thin protrusion and in setup > set geometry, then try the unbend. You do need a flat surface or edge as a reference for the unbend.

jperkins

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back