Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

new_drawing_view_ui

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceferinos

Has anyone tried this hidden config option? It's a better interface compared to the cascading menus but what exactly are the reasons why it remained hidden?

It's hidden because it is still experimental. It's a look it what may be the future of view creation beyond Wildfire.

If you are going to use it, then beware, there is no promises that you will not have trouble, even crash while using it..I have..

How do you configure wilfire to use this option? I tried to find the option in the config.pro but it was not availible...I wanted to give the UI a try to see if it was benificial.

This option will not become official for Wildfire. That's what PTC customer support told me. When training and updating users coming from 2001 or earlier, I show this option to give an idea what view creating will look like in next releases. Although most users might be satisfied with the functionality of the new UI I think it's not sure that views created with this option will be able to be redefined with next releases...

Andreas

In order to add this config option you have to add it by opening a text editor and then open the config.pro file and add it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back