Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Open > Related

bhayden

Wouldn't it be slick if under the File pull down there was a flyout that had objects related to the current model. So, for instance, with a part file open you'd seen any related drawings and/or next level of assembly.

I think this is where they're going with the 3.3 release of Intralink.

Bernie Hayden

XKL LLC

Took a quick look at the TOOLKIT app. It's not something I really need. A Report > Where Used query in Intralink will tell me if there is a drawing for a specific part or assembly and I can open the file from the Intralink results browser window. It would be a time save though if you didn't have to wait for the File Open pop up to load and then scroll through all the files in the workspace.

It looks like PTC is moving toward closer integration of Intralink and Pro/E with the Wildfire and 3.3 release. It would be a nice touch if the files most likely to be retrived next were at your finger tips like the previously openned files are.

-Bernie-

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back