Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Wildfire 5.0 blank screen on start-up

IdeaZonePD

I have recently refreshed back from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8 (see previous frustration). Which has forced me to install all of my software again. I went through the process of installing Wildfire 5.0 the way I always do, and I thought it had installed correctly. But when I start and open my first part or assembly, the main window stays blank (completely white). I can see the model tree, and I can see the icon changing to rotate when I try to rotate, but the screen stays blank. Nothing I do changes the screen (regen, repaint, etc). But if I open a second part or assembly, then a new window opens, and that part shows up correctly. But even then, I can't get the first part to show.

I have been sorely tempted to just have a blank part that I open every time I launch ProE, then open the parts that I actually want to work on. But I thought I would check with the forum first to see if there is some setting that I've missed (thought why you would ever want this type of setting is beyond me). Besides, I'm the user, right? The software should do what I want (cue the uprising music in my head as the crowd chants against the evil regime).

Also, FYI, I've done both a re-copy files from ProE setup and an uninstall-reinstall. Same results.

Thanks,

Myles

Update: the software now appears to be working fine. After two reinstalls and two reboots of the computer, it still wasn't working. Then this morning I turn it on and it's back to normal. It might have been the Update and Restart that I did this morning (or it might have been all the praying) :)

Myles

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back