Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

constraining a rotation in 2 directions for a transmission lever/shifter in WF 4

windsor

Hello, I want to design the transmission lever/shifter of a gearbox.
Therefore the shifter needs to rotate in 1 point in 2 directions: first rotate around one axis to go left or right and then rotate(in the same point) around an other axis to go forward or backward(to choose 1st, 2nd,3rd and the rear gear).
How can I contstrain this?
How can I animate this motion? All the rest of the shifter assembly(to the gearbox) will be attached to the lever/shifter....
Can I use a kind of curve, which the shifter will follow?

thks in advance

It sounds like you will need a pivot point for the shifter. You can use the 6DOF connection to create a pivot and connect the levers to a point on the shifter.

If you want to slide in two directions you may have to make an intermediate part containing datums. Connect the lever to the intermediate part to slide in one direction, then connect the intermediate part to the transmission sliding in the second direction.

If you need to follow a curved path, draw a sketch you want the lever to follow in it's mating part.. Place a point in the lever where it attaches to the curve and use a slot follower to connect the point to the sketch.

It's hard to say how to connect them without a picture to see how many components you are working with and how they are setup. Hope this gives you some ideas.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back