Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

WF4 Drawing issue

steverh1958

Using WF4, when opening a drawing of a part after the part has been modified I have to force all the views to update. No one else in the office has this issue and I cannot see any differences in our dtl or config.pro files.
Any ideas?

TIA
Steve

it's a common problem in wf4. it is becoz of "you may designed and saved any other pro/e file in that same name. find that file file and make rename it. this may recover back ur old files by itself". To avoid this file correption, set working directories for every file with different filename before start...

In this case, your suggestion is not the reason. All files have unique names and I always work in the project directory. This is not a one off issue, it happens on all my drawings

Using WF4, when opening a drawing of a part after the part has been modified I have to force all the views to update. No one else in the office has this issue and I cannot see any differences in our dtl or config.pro files.
Any ideas?

TIA
Steve

How do you FORCE all the views to update? crtl + G

I have never had my drawings automatically update. I always have to "view/update/all sheets". I just do this every time I open a drawing out of habit for this reason.

There is a config.pro setting that I set to "no" when I am working on really big assemblies so I don't get an update on the drawing everytime I open it up.
auto_regen_views no

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back