Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Breaking the associativity

I'm not sure if you can, since the modeled part is the parent of the part in the drawing file...basically by dropping the modeled part into another file for the purposes of drafting, you have still created an assembly file. I think the only way around this is to rename the files A and B or some other designation in the file name. If you happen to find a way to do this I would be interested.

M.Rhode

As far as I know you can't break associativity between the two files. Even if you start renaming them, they'll be linked.

What you can do is close the drawing file. Open just the model and name it something else. DO NOT delete the original files.

Now you can change THAT file without changing the original file and drawing.

Linking the model to the drawing isthe whole point behind assemblies and Master Model concept.

Hello,

I am not sure if this will solve your problem, but it looks like it is what you are looking for. Try to exportug2d drawing using 2d exchange. You will create the drawing which will retain all the 2d lines representing the model, but nothing will be linked to the model. This way you can still have associative copy of the drawing in case the changes while having extra copy not linked.

I hope this will help.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back