Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

reference notes in NX6 modeling space???

loworange88

Is there a way to add a reference note into modeling space....I want to add design information to a model in the instance that if something is changed or set to a specific dimension anyone who opens that model in the future can read the note and know exactly whats going on. Especially if the project is still in design status, and no detail prints are made yet to document the specifics?

I do the same thing all the time. I do concept work and want to leave notes for the final designers.

Procedure is:

Enter Drafting and toggle out of the drawing display.

Set the WCS to the current view and insert notes.

Remember to re-set the WCS back to absolute when complete.

Once back in Modeling module, the notes will remain visible.

I just found an easier way.

Enable PMI from the start bar if it isnt already. Then from the menu bar select PMI, goto NOTES, then goto GENERAL. This will allow you to drop text into modeling space without having to goto DRAFTING at all, and no messing with the WCS. Also you can put it on a layer of its own, and make it visible only. It doesnt show up in any of the drafting views, its seen only in modeling space.

Using NX6

Mat

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back