Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketch preferences NX5

RageWizard

Hi everybody. This "feature" has been annoying me since I have been using NX-5, and I can't find a way to fix it. When in the sketch module, it is extremely annoying to have the dimensions and constrants to automatically resize themselves to a different size relative to the size of the line, arc, etc that are in the sketch. Does anyone know a way to make it stop this? I can't remember if NX4,or earlier had this "feature", but it sucks really, and I can't find a way to make it stop. Why would they make it like this from the factory? If I can't read the constrants or the dimensions on the screen, I would like to just zoom in on it to read it. As it is now, no matter how I look at the sketch, the dimensions are always resizing themselves so that I can read them on the screen or flipping themselves around as to not be backwards or upside down.

Inside Sketch Mode select the dimensions commandGoto Sketch dimensions dialog and check Fixed Text Height.
Edited by: blmmdes

Thank you for the info. I never noticed that check box before, and thankfully it seems to set all the dimensions to be at a fixed height universally. Another funny thing I noticed is that the fixed text height box actually only fixes the text height when it is unchecked. WTF, it does the opposite of what it says. Anyway, who cares, now I can go on with my life and not get pissed about this little facet of Unigraphics.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back