Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Modeling From IGES File .

sreedhar9849

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to model a part by using IGES file.
After completing part modeling if delete the IGES file , the part should not be disturb.

If you have any Tutorial file for this please let me know.

i am very thankfull to you all

Create a new part.

Go to File > Import > IGES

Follow the prompts for importing the dumb solid model.

hi buddy

as sasi said it re-mastering stufff,,,,,<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
take Un parametric section of IGES file and create solid.
after completing your model it wont disturb..

kiran

sorry guys,

You are not getting i=what i am asking

What i am asking we have only IGES file. Then by using IGES we need to create model (Surfaces).

Look, iges file is not any native file format, it is just a translation format. Every iges file was created using some kind of software and can be manipulated with any software capable of importing it. Iges format can translate points, lines and surfaces. If your iges file has the surface data, you can import it into ug (or any other capable software), create solid body and manipulate it the way you need. Your original iges file WILL NOT be altered in any way. If your iges file does not contain any surface data then your modeling will get little bit more difficult, because you will have to re-create thepart based on wireframe (just lines, arcs and splines). Unfortunately this operation requires at least some modeling knowledge (depending on the part complexity) and you will have to spend some time onlearning.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back