Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Assembly Section View

jhwilkinson

I am a Pro_E user but have switched over to NX6 recently (job related). To get some "nice" graphics for an upcomming presentation, I wanted to do something similar to what I have been doing which is save image files of the 3D model with some outer assembly enclosure areas cut-away revealing some of the assembly detail within. In pro-E I do this by creating extrudes at the top level assembly and then selecting which parts or assemblies the "cut" affects (parts or assemblies selected can be nested deep or shallow). In NX6 it seems like a top assembly level extrude cannot subtract material from anything? different approach: Is there a way to create a section, but then limit what components are affected? What are my options?

Any help is appreciated.

Use the assembly cut option.

1. in your top level assembly create an extrusion to make the Cut.

2. Select Insert- Combine Bodies - Assembly Cut

3. Pick the component(s) you want to cut as the targetand the tool body asthe tool.

4. activate Hide tool and click OK.

This creates an assembly level feature so the only place you see the cut is in the assembly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back