Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UNIGRAPHICS

cristelino

I started yesterday a new topics regarding Unigraphics

After using 10 years ProE,Autocad and Euclid,yesterday was my first contact with UGS NX 4 interface.

One of the MVP in proE forums (thanks Jeff) told me to take a look to UNIGRAPHICS forums because (he said) i wiil find a lot of ProE user who post also in UG forums

Sooo after i saw posts by Looslib,SWcalvert,Rcamp,,,,,,,,, ( MVP to PROE forum) i am sure now i can have right comparision between ProE and UG

I have a new good job offer for machinning aerospace part ,only problem is they use UG for that.

So i tried to see how works UG.

In few hours (never seeing UG before) i had modelisation and also the program for ,of course, not very complex part.

In the other hand i generated program also in Mastercam and seems to me pretty corect the program generated in UG

So,GURU"s , can be so simple?

Jeff warnning me abbout tolerances and others stuff but for me UGS seems to me very simple
What you think?????

every opinion from proe user will be very apreciatte

Thanks in advance

Cristel

Edited by: cristelino

I like unigraphics because it let me go out from sketcher without appointing me to complete all constrains. As long as I don't save the model I can do "undo".

But any way sketcer from Pro E is better than UG.

I don't like UG because it does't make backup file when I saved my Modell. I don't like UG if I have to make drawing. UG is really awfull in drafting.

regards

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back