Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Error message; please any one help me

Hmmmm, I'll assume NX5 on Windows...

To check the UGS_LICENSE_SERVER Environment Variable,

Right-Click on "My Computer", and select "Properties"

On the "Advanced" tab, select "Envorinoment Variables"

Scroll down through the 'System Variables' until you find UGS_LICENSE_SERVER

It should be set to 28000 @ 'your server name or IP address' (without the spaces)

You can also get this error if your network adapter is not running.

Be Well

Thanks for the reply...
smiley32.gif

Well I use XP professional SP2 and the software was working well before.

I did the same and no change I still having the same error every time every day.

By the way, how to check if network adapter is running or not?

Please support me....
smiley19.gif

Best Regards,

ARU

The network adapter is simple - just open a CMD window and try pinging a machine in your network. Ideally, ping your license server. If you get a response then you're set. (A slightly obvious answer is that if you're accessing the Internet from the same machinethen it's safe to assume that your network card is working...)

So click 'Start', then 'Run...' then type in 'cmd' and then in the command window, type something like:

ping <server_name> (e.g. ping google.com)

You should see a string of numbers from the ping operation right after that. Another thing you can try is running "ipconfig" from the command window. A networked machine usually has a complex IP address. I don't know what a non-networked machine has but I think it's 124.0.0.0 - somebody correct me if I am wrong.

A problem I used to have was that my network administrator blocked access to port 28000 and I wasn't able to even install NX from my network. If your program used to work and all of a sudden it doesn't, even though you can access the Internet and other machines in your network from your workstation you should speak to your network admin. Sometimes companies will change their security policies and you don't realise it happened until your programs stop working.

So, try the pinging, ipconfig and thentalk to your admins and see what they say. They will give you a hand without a doubt.

Good luck,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back