Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exploding Entities?

RMS1,

You can extract edge curves on the entire solid model.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Robber

Well, here is my situation, I have a solid model that I imported, but it has flaws due to the conversion, if I delete the bad areas that also takes too much of the good geometry out, if I explode then I can have better control over the line segments and will be able to trim and delete and all I really need is a wire frame anyways.

Thanks

You should use Extract function. In the window you can choose what you want to extract, options are: faces, regions or solids. In you case it looks like you should extract faces. There is option to extract all faces of the body, this way you can have all surfaces separated from each other so they are easyer to fix/modify. Since you probably do not care about keeping it parametrized ( this is imported body), after extracting the faces remove parameters and then you can delete the main body. After that you can do all the fixing and than just saw it together into solid body.

Good luck.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back