Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Combining thread & tap drill callouts

dmiller327

I am new to UG. In fact our company is making the switch from ProE to UG so there are not much internal resources available. Our standard thread callouts under ProEhave included tap drill diameter and depth, thread nominal diameterand depth. In NX5 drawing module, using Feature parameter icon and selecting the two features representing the tapped hole I end up with two call outs each with aseparate leader. One for the hole and one for the thread.

Is it possible to combine these callouts into a single one? i have done some searching on ht enet and experimented in NX but I could use a little help in understanding how the call outs work. Where they get their info and what I need to modify to get what I want.

Thanks.

Hello,

Well this could be problematic, and the reason is that a tap hole and thread itself are separated features. That is why you are getting two callouts. You will have to experiment with it. If you want to change the templates for those callouts, you can find them under \UGII\inh_files directory. Try to call GTAC maybe they have better idea.

Good Luck.

You can also add the value of an Expression to a note or label.

From the Text dialog click Text Editor and select Relationships - Expressions

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back