Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

datum planes

Not sure what it is your trying to do. Do you mean create a non-associative datum plane. It would help in the future if you were to tell us what version on NX you are using.

For NX4 select Insert - Datum/Point - Datum Plane - On the Datume Plame dialog pick one of the "Fixed methods" this will place the Datum Plan on one of the planes of the WCS. This datum is not tied to anything it is just floating in space.

camster said:
Not sure what it is your trying to do. Do you mean create a non-associative datum plane. It would help in the future if you were to tell us what version on NX you are using.

For NX4 select Insert - Datum/Point - Datum Plane - On the Datume Plame dialog pick one of the "Fixed methods" this will place the Datum Plan on one of the planes of the WCS. This datum is not tied to anything it is just floating in space.

im using NX3, can you help me

The ability to create Fixed Datum planes is available in all versions of NX.

What are you trying to acomplish?

i need to creat a non associative datum plane(on same part file)

not using any type of geometry, like (point , curves, faces,solids ...),of another external part.

i can do this, but using assembly, first i have to use a reference part, (datuns or face doesnt metter ,then i create a new part on assembly after go to wave geometrylinker and choose the corrent options / datum/ non-associative and create new datum plane without links. after i haveto make work part my referencepart and do this process again. Is the only choice that i know.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back