Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exclamation (!) mark on file opening

sunil

Greeting friends,

On opening a saved assembly file, i often get a modified file status along with (sometimes) exclamation mark. What could be the reason ?

Sunil

It can be a few reasons but most of the time there is somthing out-of-date that can not update. It can be something as simple as a file isn't loaded and needs to be in order to update another file. If you look at the file that is out of date look at the model nav and see what features are out of date... And just go from there.

If you need anything else just post back with more detail and I might be able to help you out..

Brookey

One more easy thing I thought of. If you load options are set to partial loading. And you have a file that needs to update it will not untill it is fully open and any other files that are associated with it..

Just another thought...

Brookey

Hi mbrookey,

I think this has to do with the wave links that the files have.

1) Everytime i add some features to a particular file, the whole assembly updates.
2) After the assembly is updated, i save the whole assembly file.
3) After closing the assembly, i reopen the file to find that the assembly file has been modified and not updated(!).
4) I go to that particular file and start updating from start. I get errors during update which i resolve.
5) After the part has been completely updated, i save the file and the whole assembly.
6) I close the assembly. On opening the assembly, everything is fine.
7) Again i start to work on that particular file and lo the whole cycle repeats.

Yes, i have tried switching off the partial loading options, but the problems do not get resolved.

Regards,
Sunil

You should be able to set the partial loading to off and you also need to make sure you have 1. generate missing part family memvers 2. load interpart data turned on. 3. load components set this to all components.

Give that a shot and see if that helps. If it is a link that will not update the load interpart data should take care of the problem..

Brookey

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back