Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

UG to dwg translation problems

sunil

Greeting friends,

I am getting a lot of errors in translating the drawing sheets created in nx4 to dwg files. I translate to dwg using the file -> export -> 2d exchange command.

Can somebody help me out please ?

Regards,
Sunil

What kind of errors are you getting? A lot of people have problems with the 2d exchanger. It's not that user freindly. Let me know what errors you are getting and I should be able to help you out.

Brookey

Hi mbrookey,

I am trying to print drawing sheets from autocad. For this, i am exporting the drawing sheets from nx4 using the 2d exchange command. After the sheet is translated, i try
to change the line thickness of the dimensions. As the line thickness are changed, i find that some of the dimensions are changed.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Sunil

It's been 9 years since I have even used autocad but the only thing I can think of is change your line thickness in ug before you export the drawings. I'm not sure if that helps or not but it's all I can tell you.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back