Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Re-ordering parts in an assembly

Rajesh

Hi,
I would like to know how to re-order parts in an assembly (in the assembly navigator).
Thanks,
Rajesh S

Why? You don't need to re-order stuff for mating conditions like Pro/E.

You can drag and drop inside the ANT anytime you want now.

Steve

Thank you Steve. As you mentioned there is no need to re-order as in ProE.
Of late, I learnt that it is not possible to drag and drop anywhere we desire in the ANT. We can sort it according to any of the columns. If you can drag and drop anywhere in the ANT, please let me know.
Thanks,
Rajesh S

What Version of NX are you using?

You can drag and drop components in the navigator like take a component from the assembly and put it into a sub assembly. Any mating conditions will be lost and you will get a message warning you of this.

drag_and_drop_component.gif

I am using NX 3.0.
Yes, I can drag a component and drop it into a sub-assembly and vice versa. But I am not able to re-order the components.
Thanks,
Rajesh S

I guess it goes back to what Steve had asked, Why?

The order that the components are added is not important. It has no effect on component constraints or wave links.

Re-ordiring the components in the Assembly Navigator is possible if u have not given mating constraints. Ofcourse the order of components will not make any difference. If u still want to go for it, here is the workaround :
For e.g. Create an assembly "A.prt" by adding components 1.prt, 2.prt and 3.prt. Now the assembly navigator looks like :

Drag 3 and drop it on 1 so that 3 is now the component of the subassembly 1
similarly drag 2 and drop it on 1
Drag 2 and drop it on A
Drag 3 and drop it on A

You can see the assembly structure has changed to

Edited by: xyz2008

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back