Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

How to enlarge datum plane

magesh1704

Hi friends,

I made a hugeobject,the datum plane seems very small i want to enlarge the datums according to the object to proceed further, can any one please tell me how to do this? it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance

Magesh
smiley19.gif

If you created a Relative Datum to geometry,it is diplayed based on the size of the parent geometry and is only as large as hypothetical box drawn around that geometry.

I think in your case you are using a fixed datum, The size is determined by the size of your display when created. I think if you select Insert: Datum/Point: Resize Fixed Datum. It should resize your datum based on display, so remember to zoom-in / out.

Also i think there is a command Edit: Feature: Resize Fixed Datums. Give it a shot.

If u r using NX4 u can drag the relative datum edges to increase the size of it.

In Nx2: Create a bigger object example : a block of bigger size than the datum plane you want . Then use Edit: Feature: Resize Fixed Datums as said by Smith

Enjoy

Karthik

i think you can make double click on your plan and catch the small pall on ih and pull it in this case the plane seemed enlarge
smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back