Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

unparameterized

Jayson

Hello to all,

I am a beginner in UG, I have here NX3, I want to ask if it is ok to make the model unparameterized, because when I copy the object or the solid body it becomes Unparameterized, is it ok for UG modeling or it is a wrong method in solid modeling?

Thanks..

What are you copying and why? What are you trying to asccomplish?

The original will have parametrics. The copies do not.

<DIV>Good day,</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>ah ok now I understand...</DIV>
<DIV>what I am trying to say is when I copied the extruded object the parameters is gone and it reports UNPARAMETERIZED..so the right procedure is to copy only the profile I've made..am I right?</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>thanks...</DIV>

well in some softwares like Mdesk top etc even if we copy model two parts are formed were we edit part by activating it (i mean the copied part) but in case of UG the part is unparameterized i would suggest u to better copy profile and then try to do other operations and make an another feature, well try direct modelling

If you need to keep the parameters on a copy of a solid or faces use Extract. This will keep the parameters and the copy will update when the original solid updates. If your working in an assembly use the Wave geometry linker.

$25.00 NX Training tutorals and Parts fo NX, catia, Pro/E, Autocad, Solid Edge and Solid Works www.myigetit.com
Edited by: camster

Hi Jayson and all<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

It is not wrong but definitely NOT A PROFESSIONAL METHOD, instead of

There is nothing wrong with an unparameterized model. We hack and slash all the time. Parameters have their place, but it's not fundamentally wrong to remove them.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back