Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Printing

rakeshthacholi

Hai All,

I have a problem while taking printout from drawing file. When i take
the printout from my Computer all the lines are getting printed at
almost o.8mm width, which is difficult to read. But when i take the
printout of same file on other computer, with same printer and same
printer preferances, it gives the print properly.

I am taking print and not Plot from UG

I tried with Word file, But there is no problem. So it hapens tonly to UG file. Is there any setting to be done on UG.

Can anyone help me out

Thanx

There is an environment variable that needs to be set to help control printed line widths in NX. I don't remember what it is, but check to see if the one computer has it set and the other one doesn't.

Dear rakesh,

Do one of the following,

1)u can set the following environment variable eitherfor ur login orto all logins ona computer

UGII_WMF_LINE_WIDTH_SCALE_FACTOR=0.25

Right click My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Envionment Variables->

clickNew buttonin User variables section if u want to set itforur login only, alternately clickNew button inSystem variables if u want to set it for all the logins on that computer (for this u must have administrator rights)

write UGII_WMF_LINE_WIDTH_SCALE_FACTOR in'variable name' text boxand write .25 in'variable value' text box

2) Add the following line

UGII_WMF_LINE_WIDTH_SCALE_FACTOR=0.25 inugii_env.dat file located at UGII directory i.e. unigraphics base directory, but for this also u should have write access to the ug base directory.

Note that in eitherof thecases u need to restart Unigraphics.

U can experiment with the value by reducing it to .25, .20, .15 and so on and u willhave thinner line widthsfor lesser values.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back