Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Material database and Expressions

Joru

Hi,
this question is related to the material database.

What I would like to do is to be able to assign a material with typical data to a geometry. The body and its partfile is to be stored in Teamcenter with the current "version of the material" assigned to the part/objects.
Now, imagine that I would like to open the same partfile two years later but my original material database has evolved with new material constants. I would however like to use the old material properties for the part and not the new updated values. Why the "old outdated properties" you might say? For traceability reasons.

Thought 1:
I have looked in the UGII and the material-folder which contains the material database and I know how to change those values and work with NX material database. Now I would need some sort of "version control" for this file and "be damn sure" that I change to the old material database when I use the old part. This is however deemed to fail since the human factor never can be trusted.

Thought 2:
When I define a material I have noticed that certain parameters in the Expression-dialog are set (such as Youngs modulus, teh density etc), the problem is that the expression names are numbered as "p7.. px" or similar. I specifically need to know which parameter name/value corresponds to a certain body and update this (maybe using Ufuncs or KF). Imagine having multiple bodies with multiple materials in the same part.

Any ideas on how I can achive "material database version control"?

//Joru

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back