Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help me to find Pierce constrain in UG

josho3630

Hello Friends
I am Josef. I introduce myself as a certified solidworks professional. And I am a beginner in UG nx3 . Now I need to find a tool <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1- Which is the equivalent tool in UG, for pierce (geometrical constrain) in SW.
2-If I create a feature using multiple contours it results in taking each feature or all contour. Do I have option to control this to a single feature?

3-If I trim or extend a projected edge or face in sketch mode it looses the parametric relation. Is there is any setting to retain the relation even a projected entity is edited

Kindly help me in this

josho3630,
1) I am not experienced with SW, what does the pierce constraint do?

2) I am not sure if it is included in NX3 but in NX4 you've got the option of using the "Selection Intent" toolbar. This toolbar lets you select single edges, connected edges, tangential edges etc instead of the whole contour. This works both for sketches and edges of features.

3) Sorry, not sure about that.

Regards,
Joru

Thanks for your reply. Priecing is nothing but to coincideone end of a 2D line to a 3D curve or spline or edge .I couldn

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back